Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!
I hope you’re all well!
Today I wanted to share my top 5 drugstore foundations with you all. I have quite a few foundations but I thought I’d share my favourites with you today.
Some people might not want to stretch to the price tag of higher end brands so a drugstore such as Boots or Superdrug are good places to visit if you are looking for cheaper priced cosmetics.
I hope you enjoy today’s post!
5. Grabbing the fifth place spot is the Rimmel match perfection foundation. I purchased this when it was on offer for £5 so it is very cheap! But it’s only £6,99 at full price so it’s not to expensive. I would say that this has a light to medium coverage but others disagree by saying that it has medium to full, I guess it depends on your skin type. It gives a nice glow to the skin and I would say that it lasts about 6 hours on my skin but that time can be extended if I wear a primer. This has an SPF of 17 and something to note is that it does flash back in photography so beware of that. I haven’t been using this as much lately as I’ve found other products that I prefer, and after taking a look at the ingredients I discovered that this does include parabens (something that I am trying to avoid). But if you are not fussed about that kind of thing then this is an amazing foundation to go for!
4. My next favourite is the Revlon photoready foundation. I believe I purchased this for about £11 so it’s definitely at the higher end of the drugstore price range. This has medium buildable coverage (but I do find it can go a bit cakey on my skin therefore I only apply a light layer). This foundation is perfect if you are having a day full of photography as it does turn out beautifully in photos. I haven’t looked at the ingredients of this yet but I’m hoping it doesn’t include parabens. Overall this is a fantastic foundation and if you are willing to spend the £11 or £12 on it then I would definitely recommend it.
3. Next up is a BB cream, this is the rimmel 9 in 1 bb cream. This cost me £6,99 so it’s not to expensive. Now I know that this is classified as a bb cream and you are probably thinking why am I including this in a top 5 foundation post but I am very intruiged by the whole idea of bb and cc creams and this is one that I really enjoy using. It has the coverage of a foundation but feels light like a bb cream. This has an SPF of 25 so it’s perfect for the summer months. I did find that it does flash back a little in photos but it’s nothing drastic. The only down side to this is there are only three shade options (the last time i checked anyway) and I find that the lightest shade is a little to dark for me but I try to make it work. I love this and would definitely recommend it!
2. So we are down to my top 2! How exciting! The foundation that comes in second place is the Garnier miracle skin perfector BB cream, i have mine in the combination to oily skin version. I know, I know, another bb cream! But this product is purely perfection! It has amazing coverage (i would say medium to full) and it feels so light on the skin, I can hardly tell that I’m wearing makeup (now that is a feeling we all want right?) This has an SPF of 20 which is good! And it does not flash back in photos which is also a plus! I also find this to be easy to blend which is a very important thing for me as I’m visually impaired and I’m always consious as to whether or not I’ve blended my foundation in properly. But with this I feel confident enough to walk out the house without asking if it’s blended in. I could seriously talk all day about this product but I’m obviously not going to as that would be very boring! This does retail for £9,99 but I often find mine on offer at superdrug. I can’t recommend this enough!
1. And my number one drugstore foundation is the bourjois healthy mix. This is a truly incredible foundation that I’m loving these past few weeks!! It has medium buildable coverage and gives a nice dewy look to the skin. I have mine in the shade 52 and it is a really nice match for my skintone. It pairs perfectly with the healthy mix concealer and when I wear both products together I recieve the perfect coverage! This retails at £9,99 and I would say it is definitely worth it! Next time you visit a bourjois stand you NEED to pick this up as I have nothing bad to say about it! Well actually there is one down side and that is the fact that it doesn’t have SPF. But other than that it is fantastic! And i alwsys get compliments when I wear it!
That’s it for today’s post! I hope you enjoyed it!
Be sure to comment your favourite drugstore foundation in the comments! I’m always on the hunt for new products!
I shall talk to you all n my next post!